Friday 7 December 2012

Christmas Shopping in London 2012

So, this year I am determined to find and buy as many christmas presents as possible without setting foot on trusty old Oxford Street. Don't get me wrong- OS and Regent street are fabulous and i feel very lucky to be there in 20 minutes via a bus but I don't think i can be bothered with the crowds this year, also The Boy simply would not come with me if I even suggested the West end and I need someone to hold my bags ;) .

So, if you are visiting London or a Dweller such as myself, then here are a few spots I have been browsing (yes i did say browsing when talking about Christmas Shopping):


- Spitalfields E1
 My favourite market- I pay the rent I do because it means that this glourious area is my local and i love it!
Perfect for: Vintage Records, Books, Scarves, and other delicious trinkets mixed with some quirky unique modern pieces.
Who i'm buying for: My mum, My dad and Aunties who will love something unusual or a blast from the past.

- Fenchurch street
Perfect for: High street names without the crowds. Its only small and most shops are open during the working week but its not a bad stop off if you are in the area - possibly one to go to when last minute shopping beckons.
Who I'm buying for: Stocking fillers for various people - There is a M&S, Next, New Look and Molton Brown.

- One New Change
Perfect for: Buying a present for your sister or girlfriend... a small selection of some much loved high street names and lovely underwear shops (Read: Topshop)
Who I'm buying for: errrrr Myself? Oh come on, that so counts! Also great place to bring or meet someone for lunch in lieu of a present (Searceys Champagne bar, Barbecoa or Byron burgers anyone?)

- Canary Wharf
Perfect for: Covered shopping in case it decides to rain with lots of choices for food- Again, a good selection of High street names and even a Waitrose Home if you cant get yourself to a John Lewis.
Who I'm buying for: Friends... i figure if all else fails I can pop in and get a restaurant voucher.
Lovely Spitalfields

So there is my rather text packed post but I hope it helps you with your shopping this Christmas :)

Love

xxx TTN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment