Admittedly, I haven't been feeling all that festive so far this year -I even found that the lights in central London weren't exactly show stopping, WHY would you make Marmite a theme? (however, Marmite is high in B vitamins so get spreading on some wholemeal toast this winter people). But after a few hours at the TOC this year I have been given a kick start to my festive mood.
|A lovely choir who were cracking out some groovy tunes|
Taste of Christmas is a great event for any foodie looking to have a day trying new foods, beverages and watching top chefs passing on some cooking tips. I got to watch Jamie Oliver and Rachel Allen this year- I have a bit of a crush on old JO if you must know. I think it's his passion towards food that attracts me.... anyway...
|Mr Oliver making something delicious|
|Rachel Allen -she's so lovely|
So my hoard from this years Taste of Christmas included:
- Chocolate and Chili herbal tea from Neptune Tea (Chocolate and Tea is a winner fo' sho')
- Propercorn popcorn in Worcester sauce flavour (hello, 94kcals a bag and high in fibre)
- Denhays West Sussex Bacon
- Pussy energy drink which contains echineacia (a immune booster- perfect for this time of year)
- Some baubles - well it IS a Christmas fair afterall.
- A selection of beers (to keep The Boy happy for an evening)
|JO Lamb Kofte with spicy slaw|
- The Bowler - which was serving gourmet giant meatballs
- HIX street trailer - serving 'fish- dogs' (read: fish finger sandwiches, SUCH a winner)
|The Bowler van|
|Having lots of fun in a Mini Cooper photobooth- yes that is a Turkey hat!|
How are YOU kicking off you festive feeling? Whatever you do, embrace the cold- get wrapped up and go outside for some festive fun :)
Lots of love