Saturday 31 December 2011

Forever 21 purchases Dec 2011

Thanks to a wonderful online blogger/internet friend of mine, Sarah (the mastermind behind this blog here) I finally discovered what exactly Forever 21 was all about. And boy was i glad i did!

Newly opened on Oxford Street this year (near footlocker), I have not stopped seeing young girls with bright pink bags parading around the area. So one particularly dreary London day, i decided to go and check it out in person.

The best way to describe the store and its items is Topshop meets New Look with a similar vibe as H&M. The prices are unbelievable- dresses for around £18, jumpers for £15, shoes for around £18 and the accessories... well how i managed to visit and not buy a single item is a complete mystery to me (£4 for necklaces, anyone?)...

Here is what i bought..

Latte/Nude platform shoes - £18.67



When i saw these beauties i couldnt believe my luck, exactly what ive been searching for since i had a epic fall in my aldo courts (hey, i have scars to prove the situation) and decided that i needed nude shoes with a strap to prevent the whole my-feet-are-slipping-because-im-wearing-tights-and-my-feet-arent-strapped-in shee-bang. Unfortunately, when i got them home i realised that they were 10 inch heels and i couldnt walk in them without looking like some sort of hob-goblin so these have been returned to the store so some other shopper can appreciate them!
Coral pink dress with floatry sleeves and elasticated waist -£18.75
I am in love love LOVE with this snazzy little number. Firstly, floaty sleeves that glide over my arms and cover a multitude of sins (hooray, yes i will have another mincepie). Secondly, the length is perfect as it stops just above my knee. Thirdly, its lined. All this for under £20. Please Sir, can i have some more!!.

I also bought a lovely felt black trilby hat for £12 which i havent taken off my head since its purchase. So warm, although not so great in the wind. Oh, and i did buy a lovely navy blue cowl neck dress but decided to return it as i had no occasion to wear it.

All in all, Forever 21 is very quickly becoming a contender for my high street hit list top spot.... I look forward to seeing what they bring out this upcoming SS12 season.

GO GO GO

lots of love

TTN
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment