Sunday 17 March 2013

'Cause it's like you're my mirror, my mirror staring back at me'...


As it is a Sunday, and I am feeling like the Queen of Sheba on my new mattress (best buy ever) - I thought I would blog to y'all....

It’s been a long time since i have seriously had a spend up, partly because i can’t bring myself to spend a lot of money on clothes (i know, this is most odd) and partly because the shops just haven’t been making me want to spend my money.... that was until the launch of ‘& Other Stories' on Regent street last week.

From the minds behind COS and H&M comes this, quite simply, amazing new store. In my opinion everything in this store is my kind of fashion - minimalist, contemporary, clean lines, and fabrics that you could wear casual or smart and with a dash of funky coloured items. You choose your own fashion story here and you are provided with plenty to create the foundations. WHY HAS THIS CONCEPT TAKEN SO LONG?!



I love H&M (mainly for their reasonable pricing and tailoring that’s comfortable to wear) and COS is one of those shops i have visited often just to gaze lustfully at the beautifully simple pieces of clothing on the rails but could never actually afford to buy. This store is a mixture of the two, and prices range from £5 (accessories) to £170 (leather jacket), so totally in my spending spectrum!

I really could have gone to town on my first visit but decided to be sensible and treat myself to a funky emerald green ring and a nude leather hair tie as I seem to be wearing a ponytail a lot these days.

I also was given a few samples of their Lemon body lotion as i browsed around the store- something that just encouraged my store crush to flourish, who doesn’t love a freebie? I was also given a unique code for free delivery on online orders when i paid at the checkout. WIN.

I am smitten, and will be returning soon to purchase some beauty items (they have a pleasingly decent sized range of eye shadows, lip colours and nail polishes in store) along with possibly a new jade green leather purse that caught my eye!

To follow this little jaunt, the Boy and myself strolled to Picton Place (behind the back of Selfridges) to grab a bite to eat at Giraffe burgers (nothing like the Giraffe restaurant but from the same chain. Confusing) where I enjoyed a Turkey patty on a bed of salad and Sweet potato fries. Healthy, filling and affordable. He chose a Rodeo burger served on a seeded bun and chilli cheese fries (i did have a sneaky few forkfuls of this as it’s another food weakness of mine). We left happy. WIN.

Lots of Love

xxx TTN xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment