Friday 20 June 2014

Pre Holiday 2014: Packing Plans's



With a beach holiday drawing closer, I have surprised myself by pretty much having everything I need to take away with me....


....By that I mean, a few recent summer purchases but making do with many items already in my wardrobe because I totally didn't think to save some money for Holiday clothes shopping. I also am not even thinking about the toiletries- always my most stressful part of packing. With a 20kg luggage allowance, and the desire to attempt to take one case that, for once, I will be able to lift... packing sensibly this year is the key.

Here is what i plan to take  for a week of serious R&R (I'm hoping that by blogging the planned contents of my case, I will not panic last minute and throw half my wardrobe into the case)...


I like to make sure the Bikini's I take away on holiday with me have the same shape to avoid a rubbish tan full of strap-lines. I always go for a Strapless top with removable halter-neck strap option in case I decide to do Watersports or something marginally physical (no one wants to see nipple flash). This year I am taking away a new gorgeous Cornflower blue ASOS bikini and a H&M black one that I picked up last year (The same one still avaliable). 
I also am taking away a H&M cover-up picked up last year, which was so perfect for throwing on for breakfast en route to the pool. I also picked up a gorgeous white cover up from Topshop today, which again, will be easy to throw on over a bikini for Breakfast.
Then, to finish off Beach packing, I will take my Fedora from River island I purchased last year and my Haviannas which I have had for 4 years, lived in them in Thailand and are  the best Flip flops known to man. Sunglasses will be in my Hand luggage at all times.
 I will be needing clothes for evening meals for 6 nights. The hotel we are staying in is All-Inclusive (my first ever I think) and dress code for the evenings is smart casual. I have been really bad at keeping up the running thing recently (read: haven't been) and so was very wary about purchasing crop tops to team with these skirts but am pleased to say they don't look too bad at all...
 The Crop Tops are from Topshop (2 for £10 at the moment) Orange Aztec print Midi is from River Island, and the Striped Midi if from ASOS Petite

 One of my definite Go-to shops for Summer wear is H&M. Hennes always brings out good, cheap, lightweight dresses for summer that i always try to snap up. The Daisy dress is a new purchase. It cost £10 and is so comfy and soft. The Right one if from H&M last year (similar) and I team it with a studded waist belt that i brought in Primarni like 8 years ago.

Both the Blue dress and Bow dress are from H&M. The Blue was picked up in H&M last year and the Bow dress was purchased the summer before that. As with the others they are Soft, Comfy and I think cost about £10 each. Get yourselves to Hennes!


With Evening & Beachwear done, I feel I should throw in my Denim Shorts and a couple of tops just in case we do rent a quad bike for a couple of day trips or do actually get up off the sunbeds. The shorts started life a a pair of H&M boyfriend jeans which i decided to cut up one day as I realised i didn't own a pair of shorts, but had an outfit idea for a BBQ that made Denim shorts essential. The Tops are really old, Dorothy Perkins Purple bandeau top and H&M 'Cheeto's' style pattern from 2 years ago.


Right so apparently i am a tramp and when i really like something, I don't ever throw it out even when it's not very pretty to look at any more. The shoes I am going to take are well loved and have seen better days but I cannot find anything even close to replace them with. Old New Look white wedges that I once used Cif to clean up (dedication to Shoes); River Island studded white flats and a Kahki pair of wooden shoes by Pierre Hardy for Gap that I picked up in a GAP sale about 6 years ago ...I think. 

I honestly am hanging my head in shame. If my mother reads this she will tell me off for allowing myself to go out wearing such scruffy clothes. Sorry Mum.

Aside from theses things, I will obviously be taking my Jewellery (I wear mostly the same things every day), Underwear, a Light jacket or Shawl just in case it's a bit windy at night and Toiletries.

Oh, I haven't yet said where we are going! We are heading to Sal in Cape Verde for a week. We were dreaming of Thailand holiday this year but with Rome being only in Easter it just wasn't going to happen this year, But check out the beach in Sal....


Get. Me. On. That. Beach. 

Lots of Love

xxx TTN xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment