Saturday 5 July 2014

Monthly Favourites: June 2014



In my Pre-holiday madness I didn't get a chance to post about my June favourites. Can you believe that June has come and gone? I can't get over how fast Summer is flying by.. Lets hope the Sunshine sticks around....


Anyway, June really did whizz past me and so I had to really think of 10 things that I loved during the month, so here goes:

1. Bioderma Moisturising Compenstating Care Cream

A light moisturiser that I have been really enjoying on days when my combination skin just needs a little something extra. I love how well my skin tolerates Bioderma products- hurry up and come to Boots in England, I say!

2. Iceland Tropical Tornado Ice Lollies

Okay, so not healthy but these colourful twisted ices are delicious. Full of Tropical flavour and perfect as a pudding during the hot and muggy days that we started to have in London. Oh and they are £1 for a box of 5, Bargain.

3. H&M £10 Daisy Dress

Actually the dress was £9.99 but whose counting? I love this little number. The black and funky Daisy pattern makes what could be a little but twee actually look rather funky. Made from H&M super soft cotton and with buttons that draw the eye down the dress (which detracts from areas of too much width), I love it!

4. Crop Tops with Midi Skirts

I have finally found a way to wear this Cropped fashion that doesn't involve me getting my belly out! I love how the little sliver of tummy makes me feel a little but sassy and I am really starting to love a good Midi length skirt in the sunshine!

5. Eton Mess

Always a winner with anyone I meet, the easiest pudding to whip up and it's Gluten free - Eton Mess is the best Summer time pudding. I make mine with whatever light cream I can get my hands on which I whip up to a firm thick pile. Then I add sliced strawberries and Raspberries along with some finely chopped mint  from my balcony and crumbled Meringue before folding together carefully. Before serving I squeeze over a little Agave nectar and it's done. Summer evenings in a bowl.

6. Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser

After years and years of wishing but not buying, I finally splashed out on a tube of Laura Mercier's Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser that I have read nothing but good things about. It really is good. Enough said.

7. Pedicures at Cheeky Parlour, Shoreditch

A blog post is imminent. £20, great Salon, Free bottle of nail varnish to take home. Why did no one tell me about this place sooner?

8. Summer reading books

I always read more in the Summer, possibly because I usually spend a week on a sun lounger abroad somewhere during the Summer or in a park with a picnic. The book that so far has wowed me is Lace by Shirley Conran... if you like Glamour, scandal, the high life, beautiful women and a little bit of sauce- please do give this a go. I am also about to start Tasmina Perry's latest book The Proposal, she is one of my favourite authors and really does write the best chic-lit ever.

9. Starbucks Cool Lime Refresher

I have said it before and I'll say it again. The Cool Lime refresher drinks are the best cooling caffeinated drinks ever. They also taste like a virgin Moijito, which I hadn't really thought of until a colleague made this statement after he was introduced to the Refresher by me one sunny lunchtime. I'll be sad to see Summer go.

10. Mint Green New Look top

I really do like Mint Green, although up until this bargain purchase for work I didn't own anything in this lovely colour. It enhances my skin tone, the bow detailing at the back is such a cute touch plus you can't go wrong with Polka dots! (I can't seem to find it on New Look's website any more :()

I'm sure I have missed out plenty of things that I loved in June but these 10 things instantly came to mind. I have just returned from a week of chilling on the island of Sal in Cape Verde which I will be blogging a little about soon!


Have a lovely July y'all,


Lots of Love

xxx TTN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment