Saturday 14 September 2013

A/W 2013- The hunt for the perfect coat!

Right now, it's London Fashion Week and you can feel the buzz in the air! I am not the only person right now who is wishing that I had recieved the Wedgewood Teacup invite from Mulberry- I mean, come on, HOW cool is that!?! But, alas, my address was obviously lost in the post and so I shall be watching the show online avec a cup of tea in my very fashionable tracksuit bottoms. Ahem.

Anyway, as I still have a week to wait until I go to Somerset House for the London Fashion Weekend event (blog to follow on that, I am tres excited FYI), my thoughts have turned to what coat I will be purchasing this Autumn. My trusty black M&S coat has finally become too bobbly to wear in public after 4 years (now thats what i call great cost-per-wear!). Here are 4 coats that have caught my eye on the high street whilst browsing online:


Next £75 (Image from website)




This Next mink with PU trim number is gorgeous- the colour would go fabulously with all the colours out this season, and I could wear it both to work and out at the weekend.
Next £60 (Image from website)
Another coat from Next, this peacoat caught my eye as, to me, it's so classic- I could totally throw this on when the weather gets grizzly and still feel comfortable. The beige colour will go with everything and the short-ish length means little 5 foot 2 me won't look swamped!

Zara £99.99 (Image taken from website)
Of course Zara had to feature- they always do great coats. This black number appeals to my need of replacing one staple black coat with another. It has a Zip fastening and I really love the Box sleeves- a simple way to keep everything smart!

Zara £89.99 (Image taken from website)

This blue grey number from Zara is also lovely- the wide collar on the coat will be perfect for acting as a second scarf as I battle my way against the wind as I walk to work. The blue grey colour appeals to me as it's neither grey nor navy so again, a wear with everything colour!

Okay, so there is a wild card that I am seriously coveting right now....

M&S £85 (Image taken from website)
Yes, Its pink, but I can't stop looking at it on the website (seriously, click the link, it's worth a better look!). Pink coats are everywhere and I can see why- girlie, but also perfect for those who are looking for a pop of colour to add to every outfit. I can totes see this with jeans and Chelsea boots and a tee. oooo the decisions! Good old Marks and Spencer! I have just seen that this is all sold out online (huge sad faces)- but I still am loving the idea of a pink coat this winter!

Lots of Love

xxx TTN xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment