Saturday 30 November 2013

Gluten Free food finds November 2013

I spend so much time eating food and snapping photos of anything particularly memorable but I haven't shared any of this with you!

So, over the past few months i have seen, bought and tried the following Gluten Free foods:




1. Perkier Foods- Rocky Road bites
Packed with Gluten & Wheat free chocolate crumbly bicuit, marshmallows and even more chocolate- these were a huge hit with me from the first bite! The Gluten eating Guinea Pig of mine, also was seriously impressed- so much so that i had to hide the tub from him! Avaliable in the Free From section in Tesco's- also in bar size as well as Honeycomb Tiffin variety! Go go go!
2. Udi's Gluten Free- Apple & Cinnamon Toaster Pastries
Again, from my Tesco Free From section- I picked these toaster pastries up purely because I was intrigued and craving comfort food. These toast really well, but I did find these a bit salty. Which was bizzare! Saying that, I have these still in my cupboard as with the cold weather upon us- I feel with some fresh custard I would have a nice pudding in a jiffy! 



3. WAG Free Bakery @ Selfridge's Food Hall- Strawberry Cheesecake
I haven't eaten Cheesecake in a long time, it used to be my favourite cake so when browsing the Food Hall (yes, one of my favourite things to do - I love looking at the latest products) I was pleasantly surprised to see there was actually food left in the WAG free bakery section, and even more pleased to see a slice of GF cheesecake was up for grabs! The 'biscuit' base was as buttery as I had hoped it would be- topped with thick creamy cheese and fresh strwberry compote- YUM!



4. WAG Free Bakery @ Selfridge's Food Hall- Victoria Sponge
Now, don't get me wrong, I love Chocolate and Coconut cakes commonly used as the GF option in many places but my favourite sponge  in my gluten eating days was good old Victoria. WAG Free Bakery has absolutely blown me away with their's. For £2.99 I was left dumbstruck. Sponge just as recognisable as a gluten version, filled with thick cream and a fresh jam. AMAZING! I could ramble on and on about this but I will end this little piece imploring that you plan to make a trip to Selfridges to purchase one of these bad boys ASAP! (Just leave one for me!)


5. Udi's Gluten Free- Bagels
I am not a huge bagel eater but having never seen a Gluten Free version before, I bought a pack to have for tea one Sunday (one Bagel, not the pack). I decided to try the Bagel first without anything other than butter. These are delicious. Almost Crumpet-like in texture and slightly sweet, surprising and so enjoyable! The bagels cut really well, hardly any crumbling! On my next Bagel i topped with mashed Avocado and black pepper- which made for a great lunch! I have seen on the Udi's website that there are other Bagel flavours out there which I have yet to get my paws on to try!




6. Tesco Finest- All Butter Ginger and Dark Chocolate Cookies (top left)
Chewy Ginger pieces, plenty of dark chocolate and a great size. These are total indulgance- and I love that when I have a day that only chocolate can help soothe, I have a these in my cupboard.

7. Udi's Gluten Free- Mince Pies
Review on this TBC but i am SO excited about this purchase. I haven't had a mince pie now for 2 years but this Christmas I will not be left out! 

Okay, so apparently I have been trying a lot of dessert related products! I have been seriously impressed AGAIN by the WAG free bakery guys, and also Udi's- just great products that taste like they should so the high price tag seems not so painful!

Lots of Love

xxx TTN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment