Monday 30 December 2013

Today's trip to Stratford Westfields ...

I am sitting here sipping on a delicious Peppermint tea (with honey), feeling that kind of  frazzled feeling that you can only achieve if you have seriously shopped. I decided that today was the day that  i would spend a little of my Christmas & Birthday money, and attempt to bag myself a few bargains. 



I kid you not, it was like blummin' Armageddon inside Westfield's! So after a sustaining lunch at Wahaca, The Boy and I took a deep breath and entered the Chaos....

First stop, Jo Malone. I have been a fan of JM for a few years now- I own two of the candles ('Pomegranate Noir' and 'Grapefruit') which, as of yet, are the best luxury home candles I have tried. With the new year approaching, I decided to treat myself to a new cologne: Blackberry & Bay. 




It's fruity, musky and you can seriously get that earthy berry smell- lovely. I didn't have to but when offered I accepted the complementary for gift wrapping to really give me that sense of  'treat'.

Pretty much 5 minutes later, I couldn't help myself with a sale puchase from COS. In their last sale I was silly enough to decide against a £20 jumper purchase- which I am still kicking myself for. 
I love COS- if i had the money, I would purchase most of my wardrobe from there. I swooped on this classic thick cotton jumper the minute I saw it. It's  slightly too big but as the main body of the jumper needed to be baggy, I feel I get away with it. Perfect for work teamed with my black riding boots and black jeans.

After giving up hope on a Zara bargain (why DO people see the need to throw clothes on the floor?), I nipped into Topshop. 



The racks of Topshop sale were super crowed so I choose to browse the new and current stock instead, in the end I treated myself to a new pair of black 'Leigh' jeans. These soft skinny jeans have become my work trouser- they go with everything! I also purchased myself a rather cool Grey Tee/Sweater hybrid top which I can totally see  teamed with a chunky necklace and the Leigh jeans for work, or, teamed with a electric blue skirt for a cocktail at the weekend.

I met The Boy in H&M, where I snapped up 2 tee's (£3.99 and such value for money) and a 3/4 sleeve tight dusky pink jumper (again for work).

I then spent over an hour in M&S Home section debating on whether to splurge on new cushions for home, eventually deciding to put the cushions down and add it to my 2014 project list.

Not exactly the sale bargain haul I expected but welcome additions to my wardrobe.

Lots of Love

xxx TTN xx
,

No comments:

Post a Comment