Sunday 6 April 2014

TTN Visits: W Hotel London (for Gluten Free Afternoon Tea)

Warning: This post comes with high levels of moaning.



There isn't many photos of my Gluten tea at the W hotel in London because, quite frankly, there wasn't really anything to take a photo of! 

Whilst everyone else at the Baby Shower munched their way through a colourful, themed afternoon tea presented like this....

I munched my way, as slow as possible, through this offering (which the waiting staff forgot to bring out for me, so I had to ask where my food was)...


What a shame. 

The bread was good though but there was far too much butter and I seemed to be missing some of the fillings that the others had. 

When I enquired as to where my cakes were- the waiter, with uncertainty, said 'you can have the meringue and I think the chocolate mousse'. Good job I am not a ceoliac because his, um, advice didn't instil much confidence in a gluten free treat at all.


The shot glass of chocolate mousse was nice but seriously, gluten free eaters do like more than a SHOT of something sweet you know.

I felt really embarrassed actually.

I would return again to the W for a cocktail and a lounge at the bar, but its a big no-go place for Gluten free munchies I'm afraid! So annoying, as I was excited to share with you all what I hoped was going to to be a really special Gluten free option..



I retreated to the comfort of Archer Street Bar for an Apple cocktail, to perk me up after a disappointing afternoon food-wise.

(You will be pleased to know that my faith in Gluten free humanity was restored later on when having dinner elsewhere. Post to follow)

Lots of Love
xxx TTN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment