Sunday 23 March 2014

TTN Reviews: Genius Gluten Free Croissants

Yes, people. I finally got my hands on some Gluten Free Puff Pastry!!!! PUFF BLIMMIN' PASTRY!!!!!



I have only just finished clearing up from said Puff Pastry feasting, and I had to Blog to you all my sheer jubilation at what I have just had in my mouth! (you should have seen me in Tesco's when I realised what I had spotted in the Free From section. Or actually, its probably best you didn't).


I wasn't ever the worlds biggest pastry eater in my Gluten days, but I have recently been craving a weekend Croissant now that the weather is slowly improving.

Genius Free From Croissants come in packs of 2, and I thought they looked a little smaller than expected but when next to a standard croissant- actually weren't a dissimilar size. On opening the packet you instantly smell a Danish scent (exciting!) and after 10 minutes in a 170 degree fan oven, I had a flat that smelt like buttery pastry (its worth noting that Genius Croissants are dairy free and so use Margarine, so by Butter i mean Margarine... ahem) and a rumbling tummy.





Never have i been so excited to see flakes of pastry when ripping the Croissant in half....




The Taste? Exactly like I remember a Croissant tasting. There was a  tell-tale hint of 'Gluten Free' floury-ness  but I was too preoccupied smearing over Nutella/Raspberry Jam/Peanut Butter to care...




I also picked up the Pain Au Chocolates (for next weekend) and the Chocolate Chip Brioche Rolls (out of pure Greed, my bad) which I have yet to try, but Genius has my trust so I know I will be left smiling after these products too!


Genius Stockist Information can be found here.
Twitter for the gang at Genius is here. Facebook here.


After a lazy Sunday morning, I am off for a run (keeping the balance and all that).

Lots of Love

xxx TTN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment