Saturday 15 March 2014

TTN Visits: Duck & Waffle, Heron Tower, City of London

Today, I had brunch in the Sky. After getting ourselves onto the waiting list for Brunch at Duck & Waffle about a month ago, we were given a slot for 2:30 today which brightened up our week considerably!

We decided to dress up a little, although the dress code is Smart Causal, I chose my newest purchases and instantly felt special (wearing heels and a Midi skirt has that affect on a sunny Saturday)....
Skirt, River Island/ Top, ASOS/ Bag, Mulberry/Shoes, Topshop/Necklace, Alex Monroe


We got into Europe's Fastest lift, and zoomed up to the sunlit 40th Floor of Heron Tower. 


Yes, my legs did go wobbly (due to my love/hate relationship I have with heights) and even more so when we  walked around a corner a were blown away by the views the greeted us at the Bar- only a Hendricks G&T could help to ground us a little.









Through to the restaurant area, with its open Kitchen- we were assisted by a Waitress who, quite frankly, was the best Waitress I have ever had the pleasure of being served by. 







I ordered the gluten free Full English Breakfast (but also asked for a Sausage & Black pudding, as a naughty Gluten containing treat), The Boy ordered the Gluten version which came with Sourdough toast. 



Gluten Free Breakfast with delicious Toast 


Amazing Hash Brown


After all that Protein I needed something refreshing and so we shared a fruit salad drizzled with Mint syrup- astounding....





 Much like the view....


The meal came to about £70, including service charge (we paid for drinks at the Bar beforehand).....




 We were totally stuffed to took our time leaving by having a quick nose around at the other views on offer...






And here is a real life Duck that posed for me in Spitalfields Market.....





I cannot recommend brunch Duck & Waffle enough. I must say that the service is very slow at the bar but perfect in the restaurant. The food is delicious and the views are stunning... If you want to go for Brunch at the weekend you will need to book in advance as its popular  which can be done via the website here. The restaurant is open 24 hours, and you can walk in for food without a reservation, if you go at the more unusual hours (i.e. early morning/late at night)

Lots of Love

xxx TTN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment