Tuesday 29 July 2014

Summer 2014 Wedding Guest Outfit



Weddings. I love them. Admittedly so far planning my own wedding hasn't really got off the ground, who would have thought that a Hog Roast with glorified tent and band would set you back well over £10k? Not me! Why can't Monopoly Money be legal tender? Le Sigh...


BUT, that aside, I really do love to be invited to Weddings. I feel so honoured to be invited to witness vows, and at the same time also feel the same to just be an evening invite only guest (the part of the day where everyone lets their hair down). This weekend was the wedding of my lovely Cousin-In-Law-To-Be. Set in Surrey with Church, Marquee and a Vintage Floral feel.. It was the perfect day and so right for the couple. I took lots of photos but as  I'm not sure if the Bride or Groom would be okay with me displaying them all here is a sneak peak (not doing the day any justice at all)...






Obviously, I  had my outfit  planned since receiving the Save-The-Date last year and there was only one shop it could have come from....Zara is the queen of all wedding guest suitable attire shops, I have this one Zara dress that I have worn to countless weddings- look at it...

Isn't she gorgeous? Perfect in the summer with nude heels and also amazing in the Winter with black tights... Picked up in the sale for £40 a few years ago- this beaut wont be leaving my wardrobe any time soon. Okay so the above photo isn't the best example but it's the only one I have on on my computer as the others are on a hard drive...

To last weekend's Summer Wedding, I wore a new Zara lovely...


I love the abstract Butterfly print. I love the secret pockets that make it seem casual. I love the way it nips my in at the waist before flicking outwards in a really flattering way... oh and the price tag? £35! I purchased this in March from the TRF range and I never saw it in store again- so keep your eyes peeled in store!

I am wearing this lovely with a black fascinator and black Office chunky shoes (Picked to wear purely based on their comfort factor and the stability a wider heel provides on Grass/Gravel).

Make up was kept light on the face (heat makes my acne prone skin clog up and spots appear) so Vichy Dermablend was used on imperfections with Bronzer to aid conceal factor- it made the perfect combo in the heat. I also purchased a eyelash curler (how I went so long without one i don't know, must invest in a decent one) and teamed my flutter-worthy lashes with a light smokey eye... easy to touch up and enough to be noticeable.... My scent was Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay although at the time I really wished I had the Nectarine Blossom & Honey cologne as it was such a warm day.

I have one more Wedding to attend this summer, but only the Reception so I am now getting my thinking cap on for new outfit ideas!


Lots of Love

xxx TTN xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment