Monday 21 July 2014

TTN Visits: Wapping Market, E1



I do love a Food market. Its seems that in London these days, you don't have to search too hard to find one and stock up on delicious finds. My latest Food Market find is Wapping Market which I thought I would shine a little Blog light on....


Being  local to me, I have loved quiet little Wapping since I first moved to East London. It's like a little piece of Surrey snuggled between the Thames and The City. Perfect for lazy weekends or a refreshing running route.






Based on Shadwell basin, this market combines fresh farmers product with funky food stalls selling everything from Heritage tomatoes to Local wine by the bag to smoked salmon and cream cheese rolls.




Familiar street food vendors Mother Flipper, Good & Proper Tea co, Crosstown Dougnuts and Spit & Roast were serving their delicious goodies to hungry Sunday strollers. The smells were amazing!


I was super pleased to find a stall, 'My Detox Diet', that sold not only delicious looking juice blends but gluten free cake. Needless to say a slice of Chocolate cake came home with me - it's made with Quinoa flour and after a small sample already (I couldn't help it, it smelt so good) I can say it has the light texture of school dinner sponge (remember, the sort that always came with custard or icing with sprinkles and stuck to the roof of your mouth in the best way possible?) yeah, that good!. There was also 'The Honest Carrot' who was selling delius looking gluten free flowerpot breads and falafel s - I'll be trying those out next time!

The absolute gluten free star of the show was my 'Complete' Gallette from Suzette London. Oh boy, a thin Buckwheat Gallette (think savoury pancake) with grated Comte cheese left to melt (one of my top 3 cheeses), slices of Parma Ham AND an egg on top. Oh My Goodness it was amazing. Rich but perfectly balanced in flavour, the Boy and I shared it by ripping off chunks and dipping into the runny-laid-yesterday egg yolk... i'm drooling at the thought. We washed this French feast down with a Elderflower Iced Tea from Good & Proper Tea Co on a wall facing the City skyline.. what a bloody lovely Brunch, If i do say so myself.











Because it's rude to not purchase something at a food market to take home, we went for the Gluten Free cake for me, a Peanut Brownie from Kooky Bakes for him, 3 Beer meat sticks (think spicy pepperami's) from Moon's Green and Wheat free Fig Loaf from Aston's Bakehouse




I can't wait for next Sunday to see what yummy delights I'll get my hands on!

Wapping Market is on Sunday's between 10am and 2pm, the website is here,
(They are even on  FacebookInstagram and Twitter)

Lots of Love

xxx TTN xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment