Thursday 1 May 2014

Mini Make Up Haul April 2014

Prior to Rome, I had my usual post trip panic and purchased a fair amount of make up related items...


I really want to purchase a Naked palette as I hear they are pretty good and it looks like they contain all the colours i wear on a day to day basis. Until i do, I picked up a few cheap & cheerful items..

Barry M Glow Shadow & Blush Palette, £6.99

Complete with 2 dual ended shadow brushes, a mirror and a small selection of soft nude tones with a blusher, I am fairly impressed! Okay so the pigment in the shadows isnt partcilaurly strong but for £6 I dont expect Illamsqua- style colours. Nice a light to slip into my bag, I think I will be getting some use out of this little bargain!

Collection 2000, Work the Colour Nude Eye Palette £3.99


Super cheap but also intrguing, so I whipped it into my basket. More of a Smokey Eye Palette than Nude, this little palette shows you how to create a simple smoky eye with the option of slight gradients in colour for each step. Step 1 is the all over eye light colour- of which you can pick 3shages. Step 2 is for the outer corners to create a shadow, again this has 2 gradients of colour. Step 3 is the colour for contouring the crease, something which I have started to do alot. there is also a little palette of highlight for dabbing into the corners to brighten the eyes.Again I'm not expecting miracles with colour or long wear but for under £4- it's handy for the handbag especially for after-work!

Revlon Colour Stay palette in '500: Addictive Intoxiquant' £7.99

A nice little quad of matt colours that I I have already been using every day for work-  I took this away with me in the end purely because it was nice and compact. The colours held fairly well, I may invest in some eye shadow primer to ensure I get maximum wear from all of my shadows but this little quad held out fairly well, I only wish it had a mirror!

Aside from eye-shadows, I also splashed out on La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. I am desperate to gain control over my contestant blemish-invaded skin without resorting to tablets again. Initially,  my skin did look better espeically with the pores shrinking on my cheeks but after a week of applying over my face before bed- I realised that I seemed to be getting even more spots so I have stopped for now. I'll give this another go soon but I must say that i do feel a little disappointed as I've read review after review on how great it is....

Due to recently receiving a few derogatory comments about my birth mark (it's on my right cheek FYI) I also purchased some Vichy DermaBlend foundation. I think I should have opted for the Concealer stick instead as mixing this with my usual foundation left my skin greasy and gave me a break out. However it did do the trick at covering the majority of my birthmark/spots so I'm going to save this for evenings out/special occasions when my skin doesn't play ball....

Yes , i know, why should i hide myself because people don't have manners. I have had my birthmark since I was a baby, and when I was in Primary school I used to attend Great Ormand Street Hospital for laser surgery to repair the cells and reduce the size (the only treatment available).Back then I loved my birth mark- I thought it gave me super powers. As I have got older, those closest to me know when I'm stressed or cold as my birthmark changes to a deep purple colour, turning it into a little joke about mood rings which I don't mind at all. I do mind when complete strangers feel obliged to point at my face and say 'errr you got summink on your face love. Like Mascara or dirt'  note to all: NEVER comment on something if you are not 100% sure it is what you think it is. It's rude and really embarrasing for that person who was happily minding their own business.



I also picked up a new Nail polish in a Nude tone, because it's one of my favourite shades to have my nails done in (and good job too as my hand was diamond ring ready!)

This is Maybelline Color Show polish  in 254 Latte, It takes 2 coats but doe's create a lovely colour. My nails in this photo are 4 days old with a top coat and the colour is still holding strong!

 Oh and finally, I took this to Rome with me as my Lip Colour of choice and I am currently loving this...




Boot's No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in 'Delicate Pink'

A freebie from Boot's No7 (from Mum) purchases, this little lip crayon gives my lips a lovely moisturising hint of pink- perfect for spring, day or night. I may check out the rest of the colours when I am next in Boots as it really surprised me how much I liked it.

Lots of Love
xxx TTN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment